Before anyone can be granted access to AvSight, they must have a user account. User accounts are created in Salesforce, the underlying framework of the AvSight system. This article will show you how to maintain user accounts. NOTE: Make sure your browser will accept cookies. Cookies are required to be able to see the required fields.
Prerequisites: Creating User Accounts
Maintaining Existing User Accounts
- Log into your AvSight instance and select the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and click Setup
- On the left sidebar of the screen under Administration, expand the Users menu and select Users.
- In the center of the screen above the list of users, click the username of the user you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button to change the User Details.
- When finished, click Save.
Resetting a password
To reset a user’s password, select the Reset Password(s) button at the top of the User Details section. This will send a new password link to the email address of the user as listed in the user information. The new user will be required to click the link in the email and choose a new password.
Considerations for Resetting Passwords:
- After resetting a password, users might be required to activate their computers to successfully log in to Salesforce.
- Resetting a locked-out user’s password automatically unlocks the user’s account.
- When a user loses a password, the user can click the forgot password link on the login page to receive an email with steps to reset a password. The user must correctly answer the security question to reset the password.
Disabling a User’s Access
At times it may become necessary to disable a user’s access to your AvSight system. In order to freeze an account and prevent access, click the Freeze button located to the right of the Reset Password button. The button will now say Unfreeze. To reverse the action click Unfreeze.
Suggested next topic:
Assigning Permission Sets and Site Licenses