Once a user account has been created, the user must be given permission to perform tasks in AvSight as well as a user license in order to access the AvSight system. This article will show you how to add permissions to a user via Permission Sets as well as assigning a site license. Permissions sets are a group of permissions that can be assigned to a user or multiple users at one time rather than individually. This saves time and provides consistency when assigning permissions. NOTE: Make sure your browser will accept cookies. Cookies are required to be able to see the required fields.
Prerequisites: Creating User Accounts
Assigning a Permission Set
- Log into your AvSight instance and select the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- On the left sidebar of the screen under Administration, expand the Users menu and select Users.
- In the list of users, click on the user name of the user you would like to edit.
- In the page menu. Click Permissions Set Assignments.
- On the resulting screen, select Edit Assignments and choose AvSight Full Administrator in the left hand box and click the Add arrow to assign the permission. To remove an existing permission set, select it in the right hand box and click the Remove arrow.
- Click Save
- Creating and using additional permissions sets are covered in another article.
Assigning a Site License
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- Scroll to the section labeled Managed Packages
- Select Assign Licenses
- On the resulting screen in the section Unassigned Packages, select AvSight and then Add.