AvSight Inventory Management—Creating Part Masters
This article will cover the basics of creating new parts in the AvSight system.
Information needed to complete the steps:
Unit of Measure
It is essential to understand how parts are managed throughout the AvSight system. This series of articles will teach you how to create and manage parts making them available to research for POs, Customer Quotes and RFQs. In this article we will start with the basics of creating a part master. There are two options to create a part master and add the required information—manually and importing from another source. Importing is an advanced topic support and is beyond the scope of this article
Creating a Part Master
- Login to the AvSight system and Navigate to Administration on the right side of the AvSight Menu. On narrower resolution screens you may need to select the More tab and choose Administration from the drop down list.
- Select Inventory Admin in the Page Level Menu.
- Select the Part Master Button to open the Part Master screen.
- By default, the Part Master screen defaults to Recently Viewed, to change this select the drop down next to Recently Viewed and choose All. This will ensure a Part Master hasn’t already been set up.
- Select New from the menu on the right side of the Part Master screen and the New Part Master form will open.
- Required fields:
- Part Number
- Required fields:
- Enter the required information and any additional desired information and click Save.
There are several important fields that should be considered when creating a Part Master. Serialized indicates that the parts associated with this part master will have serial numbers and require a serial number before parts can be received. Hide from Services allows you to prevent this particular Part Master from being uploaded to part services such as ILS. Multiple part masters can be created for parts allowing for multiple options such as condition, owner code, etc.